Friday, June 16, 2006

What is a liberal anyway?

My son over at accordingtothisjim has a great link on his today's (Friday, June 16) post.

The link is to a survey that will tell you where you are on the political map. Of course we are not surprised that I came out a Liberal, however, I scored a little closer to the centrist than I would have guessed.

This is a great website with simple definitions of political preferences.

I loved the following quote under Defining Liberalism on theadvocates.org. This so describes the way I think, feel and believe. From John Kennedy:

Liberalism is not so much a party creed or set of fixed platform promises as it is an attitude of mind and heart, a faith in man's ability through the experiences of his reason and judgment to increase for himself and his fellow men the amount of justice and freedom and brotherhood which all human life deserves. -- Sen. John F. Kennedy, September 14, 1960

Of course, I am still pondering what it means that I didn't score further left than I did. And my conservative son came out a Libertarian according to the survey.

Maybe we are not as extreme opposite as we think politically? Nah . . . not a chance.
:]

No comments: