Sunday, July 16, 2006

War, no one wins, everyone loses

So, here we are watching the Middle East come to what many have predicted and most have feared for so long. I wish I were articulate enough to write about what is happening, but I'm not. I can only write about what I feel in my heart.

Setting who and what is right aside, as I watched the news coverage today and read on CNN's website the personal e-mails from those affected directly from the crisis both here in the United States and those who are right in the middle of the attacks, I know that regardless of how this crisis ends there will be no winners, only losers.

I watched as people fled Lebanon into Syria with only the belongings they could carry, leaving everything else behind, to get their families to safety. Children carrying bundles that were bigger than they were.

In the middle of all of this a short news take on the G8 leaders and a shot of them all standing together for photographers . . . smiling.

I have no answers . . . only questions.

No comments: