Tuesday, July 04, 2006

The power of Hillary, thanks James!

James Carville is already on duty! Check out the Washington Post article by Carville The Power of Hillary . . . if you dare.

Oh boy, I am getting excited already! It is going to be a heck of a road to the 2008 White House and I can't wait!

I can tell you this, Kerry better give it up. I would be thrilled with either Hillary or Edwards, but I won't go the Kerry way again. When I voted for Kerry in 04 it was the first time I ever voted for a candidate on a party basis. I was so disgusted with the republicans and George Bush. I have actually voted for as many republicans in my voting life as I have democrats, because I am one of those who in the past voted for the person and not the party. That all changed in 2004. I am not sure I could go back to a non-partisan outlook, probably not, although, if Rudy Giuliani would run on the republican ticket I would keep an open mind.

Giuliani would make a few right wingers squirm. I know Edwards is pretty soft, but after seeing and listening to him in person during the 2004 campaign he is what he says he is a total for the people person. Hillary? I don't know why the woman would want to put herself through all of it, but I believe she is the most global of the three. Other countries and their leaders respect Hillary Clinton more than the US does.

Anyway, it's going to be a great race. The best part is, regardless of who wins, we won't have four more years of George Bush.

Thanks James Carville for the Power of Hillary. I am gearing up!!

2 comments:

Jim Wheeler said...

Thanks for the nice compliments on my blog. I am thrilled to see not one, not two, but three new posts from you!

As to your Hillary article I have a few thoughts. Carville writes,

We've heard all this "Hillary can't win stuff" before. In fact, the quotes above aren't from recent weeks but from six years ago, when many pundits -- and Democrats -- said there was no way that Hillary could get elected to the Senate. She won by 12 percentage points.

"We don't know if Hillary is going to run for president, but as advisers who have worked on the only two successful Democratic presidential campaigns in the past couple of decades, we know that if she does run, she can win that race, too.


If you are going to judge how she will do based on how she did in New York, you are living in la la land. New Mexico is not New York, neither is Colorado, Missouri or Arkansas for that matter. I would bet a year's salary that if she runs she won't win Arkansas.

Carville then says that the difference that Hillary makes is the intensity of her support.

Pundits and fundraisers and activists may be unsure of whether Hillary can get elected president, but Democratic voters, particularly Democratic women and even independent women, are thrilled with the idea.

If you think she will bring out intensity in support, just wait to see how intense her opposition will be.

If she runs against either Giuliani or McCain she will not win. This is why, despite severe issues I have with both of those candidates it would be an easy choice for me.

N. Lee "Leezy" Weeks said...

Counterpoint always well taken from you, Son. Thanks for the comment, which I was fully expecting!!
Nice to have you back.
"M"