Sunday, April 27, 2008

No woman should ever have to clean without a swiffer

Along with CNN and Diet Dr. Pepper, I am now hooked on Swiffers. If you live a sheltered life or don't clean your own house you may not know about Swiffer products, house cleaning gadgets that make cleaning fun and easy. I kid you not!

I remember when my grandmother cleaned her entire house with a can of Ajax, a couple of clean rags and a galvanized bucket full of hot water and Spic and Span. When the sponge mop came along it was like a breakthrough in rocket science. Then, before no wax flooring was invented, we thought we had died and gone to heaven when someone discovered you could actually clean and wax your floor out of the same bottle. The clean and wax products were a little over the top for our mothers who had just adjusted to the sponge mop. Their skepticism came from never being able to actually see where the dirt went, therefore, to them, all the wax was doing was covering up the dirt. My generation's take on all of this was who cares where the dirt is, the floor is shiny.

I love house cleaning gadgets, so when I saw the commercial and how much fun dusting (which I hate with a passion) could be with a Swiffer Duster, I couldn't wait to get one. It is the most amazing duster I have ever used. No more dust mud from dusting with a damp cloth, the Swiffer does TV screens, mini blinds, and allows you to dust around all those little figurines without missing a beat. You can even dust your husband and the remote in his hand while he watches TV and he will never suspect a thing. If you visit the Swiffer website you can play a demo that will show you how to fluff your duster properly. How could house cleaning possibly get any easier?

Try the Swiffer Carpet Flick.The first time I saw the carpet flick advertised I thought to myself there's no way that thing can work that good. Anyone that knows me can vouch that I am every advertiser's dream, because once I see something I have to try it like right now. In less than three hours I was using my own carpet flick and it worked like a charm. No more fussing about crumbs around the recliner. I just flick those suckers up in nothing flat. However, using the carpet flick is like eating potato chips. Once you start you can't stop until you have flicked the entire house, the deck, and the stepping stones leading to the deck. Its use is addictive to say the least.

I'd like to say here that I am not on the Swiffer payroll. My enthusiasm for the product is genuine. I simply don't know how I ever cleaned without Swiffers. Now if the company would just come out with a fun gadget that husbands could use to pick up their socks, life would be almost perfect.

No comments: